Associate License Apparel Designer
BoxLunch HQ - City of Industry, CA - Full-time
At BoxLunch, we're serious about pop culture, and using our platform as a means to end hunger. For every $10 spent in stores, we're donating a meal to Feeding America.
We are looking for an Associate Apparel Designer to join our design team. This role is hands on and will help keep the stars aligned for the design and product team.
Pay range is $65,000 - $72,000.
Please note the pay range for this position starts as listed in the job posting, but other factors such as an individual’s education, location, meeting the minimum job requirements for the role, training, and experience, will determine the final salary for potential new hires.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Helps design team create sketches and design intent pages for tech packs, preparing spec sheets with detailed technical information, maintain design records and creates line sheets for cross-functional teams
- Responsible for conceptualizing, developing, and creating apparel for Men’s, Juniors, Plus size and Children’s- Denim experience is a plus
- Develop and assist team with presenting trend / mood boards and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams to achieve alignment on projects
- Research and shop market for trend and inspiration, identifying new trends in fabric, trim, fit, and hardware pieces and other raw materials
- Work closely with buying, product development, art, product development and technical design team throughout the development process to ensure the highest level of quality and integrity
- Assists design team with following the product through its full development process – helps reviewing and approving design, lab dips, trim, fabric details, participating in fittings and providing fit comments to ensure proper fit and brand integrity
- Participate in the conceptual development of product license apparel lines, providing recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, and new concepts
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- College degree in design or related field required
- 3+ years of design experience, preferably in a corporate/team environment, Licensing, Fashion, Junior, Men’s – Wholesale experience is a plus
- Technical knowledge of fabric construction, finishes, sewing techniques, graphics and trim
- Must be knowledgeable in Pop Culture & Licensing
- Must have excellent flat (CAD) Sketching Skills – 3D Fashion rendering experience is a plus
- Must have Tech Packing Skills
- Team player, able to adapt to a fast pace ever changing environment
- Highly organization and communication skills - both written & verbal. Strong computer (Mac) skills including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- General to intermediate understanding of fan-based consumer market
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written to effectively communicate with cross functioning teams