Junior Fashion Stylist
BoxLunch HQ - City of Industry, CA - Full-time
BoxLunch is looking for their very own Nigel from Devil Wears Prada or Edna Mode of sorts to join our in-house styling team. You will assist on model ecom, including prepping, steaming, naming, and onset adjustments. Supporting and assisting the Stylist and Sr. Stylist on campaign shoots.
This role operates from our HQ located in the City of Industry, CA five days a week.
Pay is $24.00/hr.-$25.50/hr.
Please note the pay range for this position starts as listed in the job posting, but other factors such as an individual’s education, location, meeting the minimum job requirements for the role, training, and experience, will determine the final salary for potential new hires.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Maintain an expertise on current pop culture, retail trends, and social trends in the industry and translate them appropriately for product and still-life styling
- Maintain a productivity level averaging 30-60 styled looks per on-model E-commerce photo shoot
- Prepare models to be photo-ready by ensuring that all items are steamed, fit appropriately, and are neatly worn
- Work with on-set Photographer to direct models and make final selects
- Provide retouching notes to Web Production Artist(s)
- Maintain a substantial styling closet of clothing and accessories, when needed to complete the desired ensemble for campaign shoots
- Collaborate with brand partners to style product images
- Maintain a neat, orderly studio, making sure everything is back in place at the end of each shoot. Flat lay styling for ecom product including, tee shirts, dresses, youth garments
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Passion to purse styling for fashion/retail, editorial, product, and/or still-life photography
- Knowledge of techniques for styling apparel, both on-model and flat, across the retail industry and in various fashion categories
- Basic working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- A superb eye for trending, style, and visual composition
- Demands need for attention to detail. Ability to creatively problem-solve in a high-volume workflow studio
- Experience with merchandise coordination and demonstrates set management skills
- Meet deadlines, prioritize appropriately, cope well with change, and maintain composure under pressure
- Accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively, and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues
- Robust knowledge of pop culture from TV, movies, and toys
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, and lift/move up to 10 pounds. May lift/move up to 30 pounds occasionally
- Regular local travel for campaigns will be needed