Assistant Apparel Designer
BoxLunch HQ - City of Industry, CA - Full-time
Pop culture. Philanthropy. Fandom. If you’re as crazy about them as we are, you've found the perfect team! We are looking for an Assistant Designer to join our growing team and assist our Designer with turning our licensed into wearable fashion. This role is hands on and will help keep the stars aligned for the design and product team.
Pay range is $22/hr - $27/hr.
Please note the pay range for this position starts as listed in the job posting, but other factors such as an individual’s education, location, meeting the minimum job requirements for the role, training, and experience, will determine the final salary for potential new hires.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Execute specific design projects as assigned by the Designer and Senior Designer
- Create silhouette sketching/ CAD’s (tops, sweaters, bottoms, jackets, dresses, intimates, kids/babies is a plus) and detailed technical sketches with color CAD
- Assist with various tasks within the design and development process, including and not limited to creation of flat sketches, tech pack creation/updates and line sheet creation/maintenance
- Support designer’s with research and development seasonally
- Create, organize, and update reference libraries (fabrics, tech packs, development samples, line sheets, help with email follow up)
- Completes approval submits and lab dips
- Participate in the preparation of materials for trend concept meetings, line and cad reviews
- Maintain an active role in weekly meetings by taking notes and following up as needed
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- At least one year experience as a design assistant
- College degree in design or related field required
- Knowledge and experience with licenses carried at BoxLunch and Her Universe
- Excellent computer skills including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work & thrive in a fast paced, multi-task environment
- A natural organizer and time manager
- Smells like team spirit - you have great communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and you are a solid verbal and written communicator
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure