Full-Time Assistant Manager
Tempe, AZ - Full-Time
At BoxLunch, we’re committed using our love of pop culture to do something amazing: eliminate hunger. With every $10 spent, we donate a meal to Feeding America that directly benefits the communities we are in.
We’re on the search for a Full-Time Assistant Manager at Arrowhead Towne Center, that will help lead our civic minded, pop culture driven brand. You’ll support the Store Manager in achieving store objectives with regards to hitting sales targets, recruiting, and development. You’re Harry Potter and Luke Skywalker rolled into one; you can handle anything that comes your way while driving sales and building lifelong relationships with our customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support your Store Manager in achieving the sales plan and/or comp sales goals. It’s not all about the Benjamins, but then it kind of is
- Help recruit, develop, and retain a super collaborative, passionate team to run your store alongside you
- You’re the store’s #1 fan – you’ll create buzz and customer engagement through promotion of new products, use social media platforms, and additional benefits such as BOPIS and curbside pickup
- Provide leadership around running an operationally sound business; you’ll bring the right balance of ops, delegation/autonomy, and customer-first selling practices
- Keep watch (like the Night’s Watch) on shrink/loss prevention, payroll hours, and associate schedules
- Collaboratively communicate with retail leadership and HQ partners on trends & customer feedback
- Run sales reports and use data to help guide your strategy to hit sales targets
- You’ll merchandise the store in a compelling way, leveraging planograms as a guide, while launching all promos on time. In short, you’ll deliver the goods!
- Every Frodo needs a Fellowship! In partnership with your Store Manager, you’ll develop your team of loyal associates that are high-performing and customer-focused
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- At least 1-2 years of retail store management experience. If you’re passionate about philanthropy & all things pop culture, you're in the right place!
- You’ve led teams to success and want to experience more of it. You’ll have skills to pay the bills: communication, recruiting, operations (payroll, reporting, scheduling, merchandising), and be a developer of your peeps
- You have Avenger-like skills: communication, time management, professionalism, operations, and a drive to develop your peeps
- You'll have to be at least 18 years of age to join the fandom force
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent. If you have a degree, even better
- Roll with the punches. Retail is a fast-changing industry and you like catching curveballs thrown your way
- The usual retail stuff (with or without reasonable accommodation): able to navigate your way around the store, merchandise product utilizing approved store equipment, and pack and unpack boxes of awesome merch that may weigh up to 50 pounds
Interested in applying for this role? Chat with Alex, our Virtual Job Assistant, on your right to begin the process.