Omni-Channel Allocation Analyst Intern
BoxLunch HQ - City of Industry, CA - Internship
We’re looking for entrepreneurial mindsets, progressive thinkers and creators of culture who have an appreciation for camaraderie and learning. We have a dynamic, highly collaborative environment so you’ll need the energy and communication skills to match. Our 2020 Spring Internship starts February 24th and ends May 1st. The program provides Interns valuable real life experiences, hourly pay, along with a structured 10 week work plan that is designed to fully immerse you in the retail and ecommerce business. We look forward to meeting you!
Do you love numbers and being Analytical? We are looking for an Omni-Channel Allocation Analyst to join our team! In this role you will Balance inventory levels and ensure stores have adequate amounts of product at all times. Help develop allocation plans and optimize the financial results for the assigned merchandise categories.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Allocates merchandise to stores and manages back stock inventory level by evaluating various factors including, but not limited to, store volume groups, regional differences, theme, and product categories to achieve the inventory goal
- Gain a basic understanding of Retail Math and how to apply it in the workplace
- Develops allocation strategies to support the flow of inventory during peak periods and to support stores that have unique events, space, assortment and timing needs to maximize effectiveness of the analysis/buying initiative
- Solidifies Internet allocation strategies and continuously evaluates stock levels on a monthly basis to ensure there is no dead stock in order to help maximize sales and minimize markdowns
- Provides assortment plan to buyers; ensures depth and supports vision with appropriate quantity by volume type
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Recent graduate or within 6 months of graduation with a BA, MBA or BS degree
- Strong math & analytical skills
- Smells like Team Spirit – you work great on a team
- Creativity – you are always thinking outside box
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office