BoxLunch HQ - City of Industry, CA - Full-time
You don’t need to have Superman’s laser vision, but you need to have an eye for detail and aesthetic! We’re looking for a Junior Copywriter to join the BoxLunch Marketing department. You’ll support the BoxLunch Marketing team in creating fun and informative copy that reflects our passion for pop culture - but also embodies our philanthropic mission.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Bring the BoxLunch brand voice to life, utilizing the right attributes at the right time, and convey the appropriate tone throughout the customer journey
- Conceptualize, write, and edit compelling campaign copy, including product descriptions, social media, web copy, emails, catalogs and marketing collateral
- Partner with Marketing team to write long and short form content for our philanthropic endeavors such as blog posts, brand books or catalog copy
- Efficiently work within tight deadlines to manage projects and write concise, well-polished content with strong calls-to-action
- Have fun with it, be creative! Ensure message consistency, proper grammar, sentence structure, punctuation and technical accuracy of copy
- Proofread and edit product copy or marketing verbiage when necessary
- Collaborate with Merchant team to ensure clear, concise and accurate product descriptions
- Meet with the Product team to learn about new styles, features and benefits
- Brainstorm ideas and themes with Copywriting team members
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- BA degree in English, Marketing, Journalism or related field preferred, or work experience as a Copywriter or similar role.
- Strong communication skills, including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and solid verbal and written communication.
- Familiarity with SEO best-practices and writing SEO-focused product descriptions.
- Inquisitive and open mind to current and past pop culture, music, and fashion trends.
- Strong computer and organizational skills with attention to detail.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.