BoxLunch HQ - City of Industry, CA - Full-time
Do you have a way with words? Are you passionate about pop culture? We’re looking for a fandom-loving Jr. Copywriter to help convey the brand personality to our national audience through the magic of language. In this position, you’ll be an integral part of the copy team and help write, edit, and brainstorm copy for both the e-commerce and marketing teams. Reporting to the Copywriter, this position is part of a dynamic, energetic group of pop culture experts looking to spread their love of all things fandom.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Bring the BoxLunch brand voice to life, utilizing the right attributes at the right time, and convey the appropriate tone throughout the customer journey
- Conceptualize, write, and edit compelling campaign copy, including product descriptions, social media, web copy, emails, catalogs and marketing collateral
- Efficiently work within tight deadlines to manage projects and write concise, well-polished content with strong calls-to-action
- Have fun with it, be creative! Ensure message consistency, proper grammar, sentence structure, punctuation and technical accuracy of copy
- Proofread and edit product copy or marketing verbiage when necessary
- Collaborate with Merchant team to ensure clear, concise and accurate product descriptions
- Handle e-commerce requests, such as product scheduling of street dated SKUs and product copy requests from the merchandising team
- Meet with the Product team to learn about new styles, features and benefits
- Brainstorm ideas and themes with Copywriting team members
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Strong communication skills, including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and solid verbal and written communication.
- Familiarity with SEO best-practices and writing SEO-focused product descriptions.
- Inquisitive and open mind to current and past pop culture, music, and fashion trends.
- Strong computer and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong organizational & research skills with the ability to absorb information quickly
- Ability to multitask and be flexible in shifting business environments
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritize projects based on demand
- BA degree in English, Marketing, Journalism or related field preferred, or work experience as a Copywriter or similar role.