BoxLunch HQ - City of Industry, CA - Internship
We’re looking for entrepreneurial mindsets, progressive thinkers and creators of culture who have an appreciation for camaraderie and learning. We have a dynamic, highly collaborative environment so you’ll need the energy and communication skills to match. Our 2020 Spring Internship starts February 24th and ends May 1st. The program provides Interns valuable real life experiences, hourly pay, along with a structured 10 week work plan that is designed to fully immerse you in the retail and ecommerce business. We look forward to meeting you!
We're looking for an Assistant Buyer that will support our small but growing Buying team. Our crew has a tiny footprint in relation to what we've accomplished, and in this role you'll have to opportunity to be a part of it! You'll support the Women’s Apparel/Kid’s Apparel and Accessories Buyer in developing compelling seasonal assortments that bring pop culture to the homes of our Customers. This role is part creative, part analytical and all collaboration.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support your team in achieving sales and margin objectives for seasonal buy plans
- Assist your Buyer in the selection and purchase of product from vendor lines to augment planned assortments based on trend data. You'll have a hand in everything from vendor meetings and sample management to trend analysis and analytics
- Partner with vendors and provide an amazing experience with our brand
- Be a team player; you'll work closely with a broad array of business groups. You'll do a great job of maintaining solid relationships with our stores, vendors, distribution centers and planning teams
- Anything else that might come up!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Recent graduate or within 6 months of graduation with a BA, MBA or BS degree
- Associates Degree or higher, or equivalent work experience
- Product Development or Merchandising knowledge is helpful. The more you know about product life cycle, the better!
- Knowledge on pop culture & home trends; it's super helpful if you have a passion for our product!
- Analytical skills and quantitative abilities. You can crunch numbers and aren't afraid of the words: analysis & Microsoft Excel
- Last but definitely not least; you'll need to be a team player with a positive attitude. We're a collaborative startup, and we need team members that understand that what we're accomplishing collectively is both amazing and attributed to camaraderie and teamwork