BoxLunch HQ - City of Industry, CA - Full-time
BoxLunch is looking for their very own Nigel from Devil Wears Prada or Edna Mode of sorts to join our in-house styling team. You will style all models and makes final selects for online product photography to assure that the highest quality images are produced. Working closely with the digital photographer(s), web production artist(s), and art director(s) to integrate new merchandise onto the site while maintaining merchandising standards. In addition, this person will style flats for web still-life and DTR editorials on occasion.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Maintain an expertise on current fashion, lingerie & retail trends in the industry and translate them appropriately for product and still-life styling.
- Interpret the merchant and marketing brands’ visions for photo shoot styling. Collaborates with these teams to make sure site imagery is represented appropriately and is in sync with in-store visuals.
- Pre-style campaign shoots and prepare style-out documents for distribution and approvals.
- Manage the flow of product through the photo shoot process by maintaining order with respect to varying levels of merchandise, product categories, seasonal deliveries and scheduled on-model shoots.
- Maintain a productivity level averaging 30-60 styled looks per on-model E-commerce photo shoot.
- Ensure all necessary products are in-studio prior to a photo shoot and prioritize product with urgent deadlines and/or needing to be re-shot.
- Oversee freelance assistant stylists on set.
- Oversee hair/makeup on set, assuring that the BoxLunch vision is represented by freelance artists.
- Prepare models to be photo-ready by ensuring that all items are steamed, fit appropriately, and are neatly worn.
- Work with on-set photographer to direct models and make final selects.
- Provide retouching notes to web production artist(s).
- Maintain a substantial styling closet of clothing and accessories, buying additional filler when needed to complete the desired ensemble for campaign shoots.
- Collaborate with web merchandisers to style product images towards specific SEO landing pages/special requests.
- Maintain a neat, orderly studio, making sure everything is back in place at end of each shoot.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2 or 4-year degree in fashion design, marketing, merchandising or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of prior experience in styling for fashion/retail, editorial, lingerie, product, and/or still-life photography.
- Extensive knowledge of techniques for styling apparel, both on-model and flat, across the retail industry and in various fashion categories, with specific attention in both intimate styling and the plus size body.
- Basic working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- A superb eye for trending, style and visual composition.
- Proven experience with on-set standards, demands and need for attention to detail. Ability to creatively problem solve in a high-volume workflow studio.
- Experience with merchandise coordination and demonstrates set management skills. Self driven.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- Robust knowledge of Pop Culture from TV, movies, and toys.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and lift/move up to 10 pounds. May lift/move up to 30 pounds occasionally.
- Regular local travel for campaigns will be needed.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.