Divisional Merchandising Manager - Gifts and Home (Sr. Director Level)
BoxLunch HQ - City of Industry, CA - Full-time
We are searching for a DMM who is goal-oriented and highly entrepreneurial to join our fun and exciting team! This person will provide leadership and strategic direction to the divisional buying team for market buys as well as design and development of in-house labels. This position is responsible for the continuous overall development of the brand and the presentation of trend-right fashion and merchandising.
Pay range is $160,000-$200,000
Please note the pay range for this position starts as listed in the job posting, but other factors such as an individual’s education, location, meeting the minimum job requirements for the role, training and experience, will determine the final salary for potential new hires.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Sets strategic benchmarks and partners with P&A, Marketing, Finance, Operations, Stores, and other departments on planning of sales, margins, mark-ups, discounts, promotions, events and advertisement.
- Manages overall divisional budget.
- Designates financial objectives to buyers and associates.
- Hires, leads, and develops a team of Merchants.
- Establishes and adjusts divisional strategies, business practices, global objectives and priorities.
- Leverages resources, programs and tools to maximize the bottom-line profits.
- Negotiates or provides guidance to Merchant group in licensing and agreements.
- Stays current on films, music and fashion to remain keen on current trends – license, music and fashion.
- Identifies new business opportunities with products, assortments and concepts.
- Consistently evaluates fashion trends and identifies demands and potential products to fill those niches.
- Directs and controls the activities of merchandise procurement/selection, pricing, product design and development.
- Oversees continuous implementation of brand and presentation.
- Communicates business objectives and provides feedback to teams regarding their business/financial results.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Minimum 8-10 years of merchandising experience and 5 years of management experience in retail establishment with proven history of successful financial results.
- Licensing experience is a must.
- A college degree with education/experience in fashion design and product development is a plus.